Dermaplaning is a simple and safe manual technique for exfoliating the skin while removing fine vellus hair, also called peach fuzz. The procedure involves using a small, modified surgical blade to VERY gently scrape the surface of the epidermis with light, feathery strokes, leaving the skin smooth and vibrant.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Diminishes the appearance of dry, fine lines.
- Removes “peach fuzz”.
- Encourages faster cell turnover.
- Smooths skin texture.
- Results in a healthy more radiant appearance of the skin.
- Allows peels to penetrate more deeply into the skin.
- Prepares the skin for further rejuvenating procedures such as laser treatments.
- It is non-invasive and has minimal side effects and no downtime.
- It is a quick treatment that busy patients can have done over a lunch break.
- It provides immediate results with virtually no pain.
Because this procedure removes up to 3 weeks of dead skin cells that have accumulated, the results last up to 4 weeks.
Dermaplaning is suitable for all ages and for almost all skin types! Not recommended dermaplaning for acneic skin.
There is no down time with this procedure. If you use makeup, you can apply it immediately after a treatment and continue on with your day.